Mark Wilkison has posted a :
For more details see: ttp://biordf.org/wilkinsonlab/index.php/all/2007/05/17/semantic_declaration_of_independence
- Ontologies are a path to a goal, not the goal itself.
- Ontologies are World Views
- World Views are Hypotheses
- Hypotheses are Queries
- Queries are Disposable
- Therefore Ontologies are (should be) Disposable!
- Reasoning is your problem, not mine!
- LSIDs provide a great way of solving the ontology-segmentation problem
- Ontological predicates can be thought of as, and mapped to, Web Service