People in my lab are using "Microsoft Word" to edit and annotate their sequences. Just like Neil, I can't save them but I can help them: here is an OpenOffice / LibreOffice macro reverse-complementing the current selected text.
- open libreoffice/openoffice
- Open menu "Tools / Macros / Organize macros / Basic...
- Select "My Macros/Standard" and click on "New"
- Copy+paste my macro here
- Click on the top button "compile"
- Close the dialog
- Menu "Tools/Customize" , "Keyboard" tab, "Toolbar content" . Button "Add... " / Category "Libre Office Macros" . Select "My Macro/Standard/Modulexxx"/ReverseComplementSelection". Click on "Modify" to assign an icon to this new button
- There is now a new button in the toolbar. Clicking on that button reverse-complements the selected text.
PS: Hum ? what did you say, they use Microsoft Word ? Not OpenOffice ? pfff....