24 March 2010

Biostar.com: A StackExchange engine for Bioinformatics

Just In Case You Don't Know:



Biostar is a site running the StackExchange engine (the same engine used by http://stackoverflow.com). The site's focus is bioinformatics, computational genomics and biological data analysis(...)No question is too trivial or too "newbie". Please look around to see if your question has already been asked (and maybe even answered!) before you ask. But if you end up asking a question that has been asked before, that is OK and deliberately allowed. Other users will hopefully edit in links to related or similar questions to help future visitors find their way..

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice website. I want to start some websites based on Stackexchange too, but they're too expensive ($130 a month?!)

So I am building my own. It's nearly done. I will roll it out in April. I have made it in ASP.Net MVC+MySql and I am going to let people host it on their own web-servers if they want to rent it from me.

How would it compare to StackExchange / Will it be any good?

We will find out :)